Saturday, April 14, 2007

20/10 Vision - Part One


People used to be amazed at what I could see from such a distance. "How can you see that from so far away?" "If only I had your eyes!" These were some of the comments I used to receive in my younger years. When I had my first "official" eye exam by a doctor, I was in my late teens. He announced that I had 20/10 vision which is better than the average 20/20 vision of most people. What a blessing! I delighted in this strong sense. Now I am over 50 and although I do wear bifocals for astigmatism and reading, my aging eyes are still doing well as I have 20/20 vision. I'll take it!
Thinking of my physical vision makes me wonder how my spiritual vision is. Much more important! I'm thinking of all this now because I recently gave a friend a hymns CD for her birthday and she noted that her son would like a featured hymn on it. That hymn was, "Be Thou My Vision." I told her this was one of my favorite hymns as well. What a wonderful prayer to to the Lord! And what a wonderful reminder of how our heart attitude should be every single day.

"Be thou my vision, O Lord of my heart(...to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul." Joshua 22:5); Naught be all else to me, save that Thou art, - Thou my best thought, by day or by night (....fix your thoughts on Jesus, the apostle and high priest whom we confess. Hebrews 1:3b), Waking or sleeping Thy presence my light." (I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. Psalm 3:5)


"Lord, may my spiritual vision of you cause people to wonder how I can see so well and see great things from afar. May they desire to have this beautiful vision as well. Use me as your voice, hands and feet to bring those needing 20/10 vision of you, the prescription they need...your word....your gospel!" AMEN!

NEXT: Verse Two of "Be Thou My Vision"
Words: At­trib­ut­ed to Dal­lan For­gaill, 8th Cen­tu­ry / Music: Slane




1 comment:

Colleen G said...

Hey Lynn - thanks so much for the words of encouragement you left on my blog.

We are hoping to have things figured out soon. I will keep you posted.

Thanks lynn for all your prayers.