Thursday, May 03, 2007

BE THOU MY WISDOM - Part Two

What the quote says on the picture is, "There are two ways to live your life. One is though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
I choose the latter! Think of it. Every day in itself is truly a miracle! The fact that no one has set off a nuclear bomb either by fault or by accident is a miracle. That the Bible's integrity has never been compromised (as proved by the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls in 1948) after thousands of years in this evil world is another amazing miracle. The Jewish nation that began with Abraham and remains in tact today...and on and on.... But why would these not be so? God is in the business of miracles in spite of the world and it's efforts to snuff Him out.
"Do not be deceived. God cannot be mocked." Galatians 6:7 His will and His word can never be destroyed.
This is our God. True as True can be. He defines the word, "Wisdom". And He loves to bless us with this incredible attribute as well.
"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold." Proverbs 3:13-14
What a wonderful prayer to pray...verse two of, "Be Thou My Vision."
Be Thou my Wisdom and Thou my true Word;
I ever with Thee and Thou with me, Lord,
Thou my great Father, I Thy true son;
Thou in me dwelling, and I with Thee one

SOLOMON'S PRAYER:
(Based on I Kings 3:9)
"Lord, give your servant a discerning heart to lead your people and to distinguish between right and wrong."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES - you are absolutely CORRECT - each and every day is a BLESSING!
Just to be able to get up in the morning and see the beautiful world outside our own windows... to smell the beautiful flowers and hear the birds sing .... yes, we are truly BLESSED.
God Bless you Lynn today and always.
Your friend, Jamie